tygart school history parkersburg wv pictures tygart1953/title> <meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="revealTrans(Duration=1.0,Transition=5)"> <meta http-equiv="Page-Exit" content="revealTrans(Duration=1.0,Transition=6)"> <meta http-equiv="Site-Enter" content="revealTrans(Duration=2.0,Transition=1)"> <meta http-equiv="Site-Exit" content="revealTrans(Duration=2.0,Transition=3)">

PICTURES OF TYGART SCHOOL 

This website has no connection with the Wood County Board Of Education
 

This website is owned by

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

BELOW ARE 4 PICTURES OF TYGART SCHOOL

WE HAVE OVER 155 PICTURES ON LINE OF TYGART SCHOOL KIDS & REUNION SEE THE LINKS AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

A LITTLE HISTORY OF THE OLD TYGART SCHOOL  

ON NOVEMBER 30th 1889 A DEED FOR ALL THAT CERTAIN REAL ESTATE KNOWN AS THE OLD TYGART SCHOOL BUILDING AND LOT LYING IN TYGART DISTRICT WOOD COUNTY WEST VIRGINIA, AT THE CORNER OF 9TH AVE AND DIVISION STREET

AND BEING LOTS 1, 2, 3, AND 4 BELONGING TO FISCHER & STRAUS IN SOUTH PARKERSBURG . THE SCHOOL STARTED OUT AS THE SOUTH SIDE SCHOOL AND LATER KNOWN AS THE OLD TYGART SCHOOL . IN THE SPRING OF 1954 ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL THE SCHOOL WAS CLOSED FOR THE LAST TIME NEVER TO OPEN AGAIN.  

 ON THE 29TH DAY OF AUGUST 1955 THE OLD TYGART SCHOOL WAS SOLD TO E. E. REAGLE FOR $21,900.00 AND LATER TORN DOWN AND A NEW GROCERY STORE ( THORNS SUPER MARKET ) WAS BUILT.  

IN THE FALL OF 1954 THE NEW TYGART SCHOOL WAS OPENED. WITH CLASSES 1 TO 6 ON JULY 1 1993 TYGART SCHOOL WAS CLOSED ASSIGNING STUDENTS TO REMODELED CONSOLIDATED FRANKLIN THE FORMER FRANKLIN JR HIGH SCHOOL . TYGART SCHOOL WAS SOLD SEPTEMBER 10TH 2002 TO #1118 LOYAL ORDER OF MOOSE AND WAS TORN DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEW  MOOSE CLUB. 

 

THE FIRST PICTURE IS A SIDE VIEW OF THE OLD SOUTH SIDE GRADE  SCHOOL ON 9TH AVE AND DIVISION STREET PARKERSBURG WV LATER KNOWN AS THE OLD TYGART SCHOOL THE PICTURE IS AROUND 1914

 

 

ABOVE IS THE OLD SOUTH SIDE SCHOOL IN 1913-14 LATER RE-NAMED TYGART SCHOOL

 

THE BELOW PICTURE IS OF THE BACK SIDE OF THE NEW TYGART SCHOOL 1955-56

 

 

 

THE BELOW PICTURE IS OF THE FRONT OF THE NEW TYGART SCHOOL 

  

THE PICTURE BELOW IS OF THE SIDE OF THE GYM OF THE NEW TYGART SCHOOL TAKEN FROM JIMBO'S DRIVE IN

COPYRIGHT 1997-2015 All Rights Reserved
MACKEY'S ANTIQUES & CLOCK REPAIR